Looking for Many more resources for fruit, vegetables, canning, preserving, storing, health, etc. in 2023? Scroll down this page and follow the links.
And if you bring home some fruit or vegetables and want to can, freeze, make
jam, salsa or pickles, see this
page for simple, reliable, illustrated canning, freezing or preserving
directions. There are plenty of other related resources, click on the resources dropdown above. If you are having a hard time
finding canning lids, I've used these, and they're a great price & ship in 2 days.
If you have questions or feedback, please let me know! There
are affiliate links on this page. Read our disclosure policy to learn more.
Many more resources for fruit, vegetables, canning, preserving, storing, health, etc.
More resources for fruit, vegetables, canning, preserving, storing, health and much more
Over the years, I've added so many pages of additional related information it's getting impossible to find it all. So, I've
added this table of contents page to help!
Finding a farm to pick a specific fruit or vegetable
- Master list to ALL of the canning, freezing, preserving, dehydrating, jam, jellies, sauces, salsa etc
- Community canning facilities
- Fixing runny jam: how do I fix a jam or
jelly that turned out too runny?
- Pectin: for making jams, jellies and preserves, all about pectin - what it is, how it
works, types, etc.
- FAQs - Questions and answers to many
questions about home canning, freezing and making other preserves!
- Jar sealing: why jars
don't seal and how to correct it.
- How to reduce your canning costs - save money on your home presering!
- Water bath canners
- Good for acidic foods, like applesauce, pickles, salsa, jams, jellies, most fruits
- Pressure canners
- needed for low and non-acidic foods, like canned vegetables (corn, green beans, etc), and meats
- Canners for glass top stoves
if you have a glass or ceramic stove
- Canners for induction stovetops
Canning Lids and Rings,
Pickling supplies, equipment, crocks and additives
- Food dehydrators
- easy and fast to dry your own fruits, veggies, sun-dried tomatoes, etc.
- Vacuum Foodsealers for freezing, dried foods, and refrigerated foods - the FoodSaver line
- KitchenAid mixer and attachments for home canning
- Steam Juicers
- Strainers, pit removers, seed-skin-stem removers, jelly strainers, etc.
All types, makes and prices (from $19 to $350)
- Cherry pitters reviews, prices and ordering
Books and guides
Selling your own homemade foods
More foods, fun and recipes
FAQs - Q & A
More types of farms to visit
- Farm markets and roadside stands
- Local Honey Finder
- Local Meat, Milk and Eggs
- Road trip and camping tips, tricks and How-to's
- Venues: Farms, Wineries, Orchards for your event, wedding or party
- Easter egg hunts
- Children's consignment sales
- Winery tours and wine tastings
- Horse rides, stables, lessons, trails
- Maple Syrup farms and sugarworks
- Bed and Breakfasts on Farms, Wineries, Ranches and Orchards
- Pumpkin patches
- Corn mazes
- Zombie Paintball venues
- Christmas Tree Farms and lots
- Environmental resources
- Consumer fraud information
- Wholesale food sources
Other Agencies and Organizations
Resources for Farmers looking to start a PYO