Where in Washington State to find pick your own farms and orchards for fruit, vegetables, pumpkins and canning & freezing instructions!
This month's notes: March 2015: Harvested local apples are still available at farmers and farmer's markets! And of course, you can cut your own Christmas tree, get one already cut or get a libing one to plant after Christmas - see this page. Make your own homemade ice cream including low fat, low sugar and other flavors)) Have fun, eat healthier and better tasting, and save money by picking your own locally grown fruit and vegetables, and then using our easy canning and freezing directions
Subscribe to our: Email alerts; Follow us on Twitter Add this page to your favorites! - Email this page to a friend, or to yourself
This page provides links to Washington State's regional pages to find pick- your- own (PYO, U-pick, pick-it-yourself) farms for everything from apples, berries, fruit, pumpkins, vegetables to cut-you-own Christmas trees! I'm always looking for suggestions of more farms and events to add and feedback about any you have visited, so if you encounter any, just click on the preceding link, as appropriate! And if you have a farm and want to add it or correct the information, please click on the link to "add my farm".
To find a farm in your area of Washington State, either click on your area on the map below; or choose from this list. You may need to look in both areas, as they are close to each other!
- Seattle area (King , Kitsap, Snohomish and Island Counties)
- Olympia area (Lewis, Mason, Pierce and Thurston Counties)
- Whatcom, Skagit and San Juan Counties
- Coastal Washington State (Clallam, Grays, Jefferson, Wahkiakum and Pacific Counties)
- North Central Washington State (Chelan, Kittitas, Douglas and Grant Counties)
- South Central Washington State (Benton, Klickitat and Yakima Counties)
- Northeastern Washington State (the northeastern quarter of the state)
- Southeastern Washington State (the southeastern quarter of the state)
- Southwest Washington State ( Clark, Cowlitz and Skamania Counties)
- Crop availability / harvest schedule - click here
- To find pumpkin patches, corn mazes and other Halloween activities, click here.
- To find choose and cut-your-own Christmas tree farms, click here.
|Current weather - click for forecast, or enter a zip code for a different location:|
Click on the map!
(if you do not see the map, Scroll down the page for a clickable map!)
These pages provides a fast link to Washington State's pick-your-own (PYO, U-pick, pick-it-yourself) farms. I'm always looking for suggestions of more farms and events to add and feedback about any you have visited, so if you encounter any, just click on the preceding link, as appropriate! And if you have a farm and want to add it or correct the information, please click on the link to "add my farm".
Remember to ALWAYS either email, call or click the link to the farm's own website (if they have one) on the morning before you go, to confirm hours, conditions and availability of the specific crops you want!!
We also have a page with links to our own simple instructions on canning, freezing and drying many fruits and vegetables, such as how to make jam, apple butter, applesauce, spaghetti sauce, salsa, pickles, ketchup or freezing corn .
Festivals, Events and Special Interest:
- Berry Dairy Days in Burlington, Washington,
Late July. Anyone know any more about this event? Write me!
[General picking tips and a guide to each fruit and vegetable] [How much do I need to pick? (Yields - how much raw makes how much cooked or frozen)] [Selecting the right varieties to pick] [All about apple varieties - which to pick and why!] [Picking tips for Vegetables] [ Strawberry picking tips] [ Blueberries picking tips]
Illustrated Canning, Freezing, Jam Instructions and Recipes
[ All About Home Canning, Freezing and Making Jams, Pickles, Sauces, etc. ] [FAQs - Answers to common questions and problems] [Recommended books about home canning, jam making, drying and preserving!] [Free canning publications to download and print]