Washington State Crop Harvest Calendar for fruit, vegetables, pumpkins and Christmas trees in WA
This month's notes: October 2015: Strawberries and blueberries each have a very brief season; don't miss them: See your state's crop availability calendar for more specific dates of upcoming crops. And see our guide to local fruit and vegetable festivals, such as strawberry festivals and blueberry festivals. Organic farms are identified in green! Also make your own ice cream - see How to make ice cream and ice cream making equipment and manuals. Have fun, eat healthier and better tasting, and save money by picking your own locally grown fruit and vegetables, and then using our easy canning and freezing directions
Subscribe to our: Email alerts; Follow us on Twitter Add this page to your favorites! - Email this page to a friend, or to yourself
Harvest Calendar for Washington State
Want to know when various fruits and vegetables ripen in Washington State? just look below, then find a farm in your area to go pick your own!
We also have a page with links to our own simple instructions on canning, freezing and drying many fruits and vegetables, such as how to make jam, apple butter, applesauce, spaghetti sauce, salsa, pickles, ketchup or freezing corn .
- To find a farm in your area of Washington State, either click on your area on the map below; or choose from this list. You may need to look in both areas, as they are close!:
- To find pumpkin patches, corn mazes and other Halloween activities, click here.
- To find choose and cut-your-own Christmas tree farms, click here.
|Current weather - click for forecast, or enter a zip code for a different location:|
These charts cover Washington State. The earlier dates are more applicable to southwest Washington and the later dates for more northerly or colder areas. Of course, weather changes, season variations, variety of a crop planted and other factors profoundly affect the dates, so this is a general guide only.
Washington State Typical Crop Ripening Dates / Harvest Calendar
|Beans, Green||mid July||X||X|
|Corn, sweet||mid July||X||X||mid-Oct|
|Lettuce, Leaf & Head||X||X||X||mid-Sept|
|Onions (Walla Walla)||mid July||mid-August|
The following pear harvest chart should cover western Washington. Choose the earlier date for southwest Washington and the later date for more northerly or colder areas.
- Aurora August 19 - September 9
- Clapp Favorite August 20 - September 1
- Bennett August 22 - September 3
- Bartlett August 25 - September 5
- Rescue August 25 - September 10
- Orcas August 28 - September 15
- Sirrine September 4 - September 12
- Flemish Beauty September 10 - September 26
- Comice September 19 - October 9
- Seckel September 25 - October 9
- Highland September 25 - October 12
- Anjou September 25-October 15
- Bosc September 25-October 15
- El Dorad October 1 - October 21
[General picking tips and a guide to each fruit and vegetable] [How much do I need to pick? (Yields - how much raw makes how much cooked or frozen)] [Selecting the right varieties to pick] [All about apple varieties - which to pick and why!] [Picking tips for Vegetables] [ Strawberry picking tips] [ Blueberries picking tips]
Illustrated Canning, Freezing, Jam Instructions and Recipes
[ All About Home Canning, Freezing and Making Jams, Pickles, Sauces, etc. ] [FAQs - Answers to common questions and problems] [Recommended books about home canning, jam making, drying and preserving!] [Free canning publications to download and print]