Subscribe to our: Email alerts; Follow us on Twitter. Add this page to your favorites! - Email this page to a friend, or to yourself
- To see the pick-your-own farms and orchards for this area, click here or scroll down the page
- Crop availability / harvest calendar
- Farm markets, roadside stands, local meat, milk, eggs, local honey, horse riding, farm B&B's etc.
- To find pumpkin patches, corn mazes and other Halloween activities, click here.
- To find choose and cut-your-own Christmas tree farms, click here.
I'm always looking for suggestions of more farms and events to add and feedback about any you have visited, so if you encounter any, just click on the preceding link, as appropriate! And if you have a farm and want to add it or correct the information, please click on the link to "add my farm".
Remember: ALWAYS call (or follow the link to the farm's own website, if the name is a blue link) to confirm the information before you go! They may close, run out or change events, times, etc. without notifying me!-->
This page lists pick-your-own (PYO, U-pick, upickem, pick-it-yourself) farms in Australia, including contact information, fruit or vegetables to pick, directions, opening hours and more. Just select your area of Australia (New South Wales, Queensland, etc,) from the top of the page, then scroll down the page that comes up!
I'm looking for more farms to add! If you have any to suggest or have any feedback about any you have visited, please click here to Suggest a farm or here to provide feedback! And if you own a farm and want to add it or correct the information, please let me know!
And if you want simple illustrated, instructions on making and canning (preserving, bottling, freezing, etc.) many common items, like how to make jam, applesauce, apple butter, spaghetti sauce, salsa, fruit pies, freezing vegetables, putting up peaches, green beans, etc., just click here. For tips on picking click here!
The listings are frequently updated, but often they don't tell us current prices, so the prices are from 2003 through 2005, unless otherwise stated. It should at least provide a ballpark estimate!
- New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory (ACT)
- Northern territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
In addition to listings of U Pick farms, I hope the following pages are helpful to you!
- Picking Tips!
- General picking tips and a guide to each fruit and vegetable
- How much do I need to pick? (Yields - how much raw makes how much cooked or frozen)
- Selecting the right varieties to pick
- All about apple varieties - which to pick and why!
- Picking tips for Vegetables
- Strawberry picking tips
- Blueberries picking tips
- Simple instructions:
- Canning and Freezing
[General picking tips and a guide to each fruit and vegetable] [How much do I need to pick? (Yields - how much raw makes how much cooked or frozen)] [Selecting the right varieties to pick] [All about apple varieties - which to pick and why!] [Picking tips for Vegetables] [ Strawberry picking tips] [ Blueberries picking tips]
Illustrated Canning, Freezing, Jam Instructions and Recipes
[ All About Home Canning, Freezing and Making Jams, Pickles, Sauces, etc. ] [FAQs - Answers to common questions and problems] [Recommended books about home canning, jam making, drying and preserving!] [Free canning publications to download and print]