Find a local pick your own farm here!

Looking for West Virginia Commercial Kitchens, Community Kitchens, Licensed Kitchens, Shared Kitchens - Places to make foods to sell in 2024?  Scroll down this page and  follow the links. And if you bring home some fruit or vegetables and want to can, freeze, make jam, salsa or pickles, see this page for simple, reliable, illustrated canning, freezing or preserving directions. There are plenty of other related resources, click on the resources dropdown above.  If you are having a hard time finding canning lids, I've used these, and they're a great price & ship in 2 days.

If you have questions or feedback, please let me know! There are affiliate links on this page.  Read our disclosure policy to learn more. 

West Virginia Commercial Kitchens, Community Kitchens, Licensed Kitchens, Shared Kitchens - Places to make foods to sell

West Virginia Commercial Kitchens, Community Kitchens, Licensed Kitchens, Shared Kitchens -
Places to make foods to sell!

A licensed kitchen is an inspected, registered commercial kitchen where foods intended for sale can be safely made, in accordance with laws and regulations. While many states allow some low-risk foods to be made at home and sold in smaller quantities, many foods intended for sale can only be made in a licensed kitchen. If you want to make and sell your home-made preserves, salsa, spaghetti sauce, refrigerated foods or whatever, you will need a licensed kitchen to prepare and can the food. many licensed kitchens open their doors at low cost to local food entrepreneurs.

There are many lists of commercial kitchen in West Virginia,online, but the list below is the ONLY one with complete contact information and links to their websites, and all in one place. If you would rather have a company make and package the food product for you, see this list of copackers in West Virginia

If you have an update about a kitchen, please click here to write me!

If you have a licensed kitchen wishing to be added to this list, add your information here.

Commercial Kitchens, Community Kitchens, Licensed Kitchens and Shared Kitchens

Note: You may find it is required by your state take the ServSafe® training classes for Manager and employees. It certainly is advisable, in any case. You can get the ServSafe® Handbook that accompanies the course here.

  • Ashland Company Store -
    TBAI Travel Beautiful Appalachia, Inc., HC 76 Box 62, Northfork, WV 24868. Phone: (304) 585-7419 or (304) 862-4800. Contact: Sharon Walden, Executive Director. McDowell County.
  • Barbour County -
    Rt. 1 Box 396, Moatsville, WV 26405. Phone: (304) 457-3824. Contact: Barbara Harvey.
  • Boone-Raleigh Community Group -
    39037 Coal River Rd., Whitesville, WV 25209. Phone: (304) 854-7913.
  • Clarksburg YWCA Cottage Industries -
    305 Washington Ave., Clarksburg, WV 26301. Phone: (304) 624-6881. Contact: Doris Kidd.
  • Cross Roads 4H Community Center -
    E. Grafton Rd., Fairmont, WV 26554. Phone: (304) 363-9628 or (304) 363-5958. Marion County
  • Gassaway Community Building Braxton County -
    P.O. Box 147, Gassaway, WV 26624. Phone: (304) 364-5111.
  • Harrison County Recreation Complex -
    Harrison County Parks and Recreation, 43 Recreation Dr., Clarksburg, WV 26301. Phone: (304) 624-0481.
  • Jackson County Jr. Fair Grounds -
    Kitchen and Breezeway, Fair Grounds on County Farm Rd., Cottageville, WV 25239. Phone: (304) 373-2286. Contact: Pam Heis, Jackson County Commission.
  • Kimball War Memorial Building -
    Main St., Kimball, WV 24853. Phone: (304) 585-7789. McDowell County
  • Minnora Community Center Calhoun County -
    Rt. 16, Milo Rd., Minnora, WV 25268.
  • Newton Community Building -
    Rt. 4 Box 7 or Rt. 36, Newton, WV 25266. Phone: (304) 565-3551. Roane County.
  • Nicholas County Memorial Park Building -
    Rt. 19, Summersville, WV 26651. Phone: (304) 872-3552.
  • Pierpont Community and Technical College -
    Food Service Management Programs, 1201 Locust Ave., Room 140 Education Building, Fairmont, WV 26554. Phone: (304) 367-4405. Contact: Brian Floyd, CEC-Program Coordinator. Marion County.
  • Premier Park, Inc. -
    750 Stonecoal Branch Rd., Welch, WV 24801. Phone: (304) 436-2641. Contact: Lori Hill. McDowell County.
  • Starland Heights Community Center -
    S.A.F.E., Inc., 600 West Main St., Kimball, WV 24853. Phone: (304) 585-7950. McDowell County
  • Spanishburg Community Center -
    P.O. Box 55, Spanishburg, WV 25922. Phone: (304) 425-1513. Contact: Sue Bryant. Mercer County.
  • Spencer Heritage Community Building -
    Rt. 16, Creston, WV 26141. Phone: (304) 354-6806. Contact: Bessie Belcher. Roane County.
  • The Larry Joe Harless Community Center -
    202 Larry Joe Harless Dr., Gilbert, WV 25621. Phone: (304) 664-2500. Mingo County.
  • The Red Barn -
    4th St., Moundsville, WV 26041. Phone: (304) 845-2552. Contact: Hilda Blake. Marshall County.
  • Vass Vocational Services -
    703 Bluestone Rd., Beckley, WV 25801. Phone: (304) 250-6060 or (304) 872-1519. Contact: Sharon Hopkins. Raleigh County.
  • White Sulphur Springs Civic Center -
    10 Dry Creek Rd., White Sulphur Springs, WV 24986. Phone: (304) 536-2010. Contact: Joan Gunnoe, Manager. Greenbrier County.
  • Wilson Mill Lodge -
    Rt. 219, Lindside, WV 24951. Phone: (304) 753-9032. Contact: Luis Marmo. lMonroe County.
  • Other Resources

    If you still can't find a suitable kitchen, you may need a co-packers.  Co-packers manufacture and package foods for other companies - and small food businesses - to sell.   See this list of co-packers in your area.


    Where can I find more information about canning?

    For more than 250 specific, simple recipes with step-by-step directions and photos; and general information on canning and food preservation, see this page.