Find a pick your own farm near you! This website provides local listings of pick your own (also called U-pick or PYO) farms in the United States, Canada, Britain, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and other countries. There are crop calendars for each local area to tell you what is available to pick throughout the year, local weather forecasts and really easy illustrated directions to show you how to make jam, jelly, salsa, pickles, spaghetti sauce, applesauce, apple butter and 150 other recipes with step-by-step directions to can, freeze, dry or preserve the harvest.
How to find a Pick-Your-Own farm
Whether you call it pick-your-own, PYO or U-pick, it's easy to find one near you! There is a purple "Start here" button (at the top of the left of every page) on the Customer's Menu or on the top right of the header). You then select your local area (country, state/province) and then region/county or local metropolitan area. Just scroll down the page that appears, to see tree farms, lots or events listed by county. The search engine can be helpful, too.
(Other countries are further down this page)
[ Alabama ] [ Alaska ] [ Arkansas ] [ Arizona ] [ California ] [ Colorado ] [ Connecticut ] [ Delaware ] [ Florida ] [ Georgia ] [ Hawaii ] [ Idaho ] [ Illinois ] [ Indiana ] [ Iowa ] [ Kansas ] [ Kentucky ] [ Louisiana ] [ Maine ] [ Maryland ] [ Massachusetts ] [ Michigan ] [ Minnesota ] [ Mississippi ] [ Missouri ] [Montana] [Nebraska] [ Nevada ] [ New Hampshire ] [ New Jersey ] [ New Mexico ] [ New York ] [ North Carolina ] [ North Dakota ] [ Ohio ] [ Oklahoma ] [ Oregon ] [ Pennsylvania ] [ Rhode Island ] [ South Carolina ] [ South Dakota ] [ Tennessee ] [ Texas ] [ Utah ] [ Vermont ] [ Virginia ] [ Washington state ] [ West Virginia ] [ Wisconsin ] [ Wyoming ]
PYO Farms Outside the U.S.
[ Australia ] [ Canada ] [ Germany ] [Ireland] [Italy] [Japan] [Nederland / Holland / the Netherlands] [ South Africa ] [ New Zealand ] [Switzerland ] [ United Kingdom ] [ Adding a Farm outside of North America ] Looking for pick your own farms in other countries? Living in another country, such as France, Italy (Italia), Germany (Deutschland), Nederlands, or Sweden? Help me compile a list for your country - just write me!
Crop Availability Calendars / Harvest Dates
Want to find out when your favorite crop will be ready to harvest in your local area? Just go to this page and click on your state, to see the crop calendar for your area!
Miscellaneous Fun and Resources
Our listings come from a variety of sources: consumers writing in to recommend a farm, the farmer's themselves and state agriculture departments. We update and add listings every day. Of course, we're always looking for more to add, so we welcome your recommendations! Customers can recommend a farm here and farmers can add (or update/correct) their own farm's listing by clicking here! And journalists looking for information for a story about pick-your-own farms or home canning should see this media resources page for more information.
Updates by Email, RSS or Text on Twitter
I also post crop updates, trends, tips and commentary via Twitter . Just go to http://twitter.com/home and if you haven't got an account, sign up (they're free), then search for Blakepyo. I tend to send out only one or two per week, so it shouldn't be too much!
You can sign up for our RSS feed here!
[General picking tips and a guide to each fruit and vegetable] [How much do I need to pick? (Yields - how much raw makes how much cooked or frozen)] [Selecting the right varieties to pick] [All about apple varieties - which to pick and why!] [Picking tips for Vegetables] [ Strawberry picking tips] [ Blueberries picking tips]
Illustrated Canning, Freezing, Jam Instructions and Recipes
[ All About Home Canning, Freezing and Making Jams, Pickles, Sauces, etc. ] [FAQs - Answers to common questions and problems] [Recommended books about home canning, jam making, drying and preserving!] [Free canning publications to download and print]
Easy Preserving Directions - How to...
the complete list here)
- General know how and fruit/vegetable picking tips
- Why you should use a canner and how to choose one.
- Summary of approved home food preserving methods
- Canning methods that are considered to be unsafe: steam, microwave, dishwasher, oven, or just sealing the jars without further processing?
- If you are new to home canning - see these do's, don'ts and tips
- Frequently asked questions about canning
- Frequently asked questions about freezing
- Jams and jellies
- Canning - anything that can be safely canned at home!
- Juices: Canning fruit and vegetable juices
- Freezing directions
- Pie fillings
- Sauces, Salsas, Syrups, Fruit Butters and Chutneys
- Soups - canning vegetable and meat soups at home (see this page for tomato soup)
- Preserving Venison
- Pickling - more than just cucumbers
- Drying / food dehydrating
- Ice cream, gelato and sorbets
- Other recipes - roasted peppers, basil pesto, pies, cakes and much more
- Using honey in place of sugar
- Equipment and supplies
- USDA Food Grades - Ever wonder what was "Grade A"? And why you don't see grade B? How to select different foods, including fresh, frozen and canned? Wonder no more with this one-page guide!
- Food safety - what is botulism?
- NEW! Table of the pH and/or acidity of common fruits, vegetables, grains, breads and common food products
- NEW! This page provide basic facts regarding food poisoning and pathogenic microorganisms and natural toxins related to home food preservation (canning, bottling, drying, jams, salsas, pickling, sauces, etc.). Look up any pathogen (botulism, salmonella, Staph, etc.) and find out what it does and how to prevent it.
- NEW! Label Templates! Click here for labels your can download, edit and customize in Microsoft Word and print on standard Avery label paper for your own jars!
- Want to sell your own jam and home canned goods? Read this first!
Resources for Farmers
This page, http://www.pickyourown.org/resources4farmers.htm, has loads of information and links to resources that will be helpful to farmers.
For those who are considering starting a PYO farm, corn maze, pumpkin patch, Christmas tree farm or other agri-entertainment business, see this page: http://www.pickyourown.org/howtostartapyo.htm.
Other InformationQuestions, corrections, suggestions or want to recommend a farm to add? Write me at
Farmers - to add your farm, see this page for directions: http://www.pickyourown.org/addmyfarm.htm
Curious about the guy behind the website? See About me.
A word about banner advertisements
With very few exceptions, the banner ads are supplied by an outside company (their name appears in the banner "Ads by ..." I have NO advance control over what appears in these ads. It is completely controlled by the outside company. If you see an inappropriate or offensive ad - don't get mad at me; just email me and be sure to give me the name of the advertiser in the ad and their url. Then I can go back to the outside ad company and have them banned! For more information see: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/AdSense/thread?tid=3587e2900f968389&hl=en and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AdSense
Home Canning Kits
- All the tools you need for hot waterbath canning - in one comprehensive set!
- Complete with 21 1/2 qt. enameled water bath canner and "Ball Blue Book" of canning.
- Also includes canning rack, funnel, jar lifter, jar wrencher, bubble freer, tongs and lid lifter.
- A Kitchen Krafts exclusive collection.
This is the same type of standard canner that my grandmother used to make everything from applesauce to jams and jellies to tomato and spaghetti sauce. This complete kit includes everything you need and lasts for years: the canner, jar rack, jar grabber tongs, lid lifting wand, a plastic funnel, labels, bubble freer, and the bible of canning, the Ball Blue Book. It's much cheaper than buying the items separately. You'll never need anything else except jars & lids (and the jars are reusable)! There is also s simple kit with just the canner and rack, and a pressure canner, if your want to do vegetables (other than tomatoes). To see more canners, of different styles, makes and prices, click here! Average Customer Review:
Current and Forecast Weather Maps from www.wunderground.com US
Satellite Map US
Temperature Map US Ultraviolet Light
(UV) Map US Sunlight Visual
Satelight Map Other useful weather
maps from Weather.com:
* All the tools you need for hot waterbath canning - in one comprehensive set!
* Complete with 21 1/2 qt. enameled waterbath canner and "Ball Blue Book" of canning.
* Also includes canning rack, funnel, jar lifter, jar wrencher, bubble freer, tongs and lid lifter.
* A Kitchen Krafts exclusive collection.
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Average Customer Review:
Current and Forecast Weather Maps from www.wunderground.com
US Ultraviolet Light
US Sunlight Visual Satelight Map
Other useful weather maps from Weather.com: